Select Recent Refereed Publications
Select Recent Published Reports
- Currans, Kristina M.; Iroz-Elardo, Nicole; Ewing, Reid; Choi, Dong-ah*; Siracuse, Brandon*; Lyons, Torrey; Fitzpatrick, Quinton*; Griffee, Julian*. Scooting to a New Era in Active Transportation: Examining the Use and Safety of E-scooters. Prepared for the National Institute of Transportation and Communities, Report No. NITC-RR-1281 (2021, forthcoming).
- Iroz-Elardo, Nicole; Erickson, Helen; Howell, Ariel*; Olson, Melanie*; Currans, Kristina M. Community Engagement in a Pandemic. Prepared for the University of Arizona Drachman Institute Seed Grant. (2021).
- Nelson, Arthur C.; Hibberd, Robert*; Currans, Kristina M. Transit Impacts on Jobs, People, and Real Estate. Prepared for the National Institute of Transportation and communities, (2020/2021). (Available online at: https://nitc.trec.pdx.edu/research/project/1253/LRT/BRT/SCT/CRT_Development_Outcomes_FINAL_PHASE)
- Clifton, Kelly J.; Currans, Kristina M. with Abou-Zeid, Gabby*. Multifamily Housing Trip Generation and Freight Study, Final Report. Prepared for the Portland Bureau of Transportation, (2020).
- Clifton, Kelly J.; Currans, Kristina M. Multimodal Trip Generation, Vehicle Ownership and Use: Characterizing the Travel Patterns of Residents of Multifamily Housing. Prepared for the National Institute of Transportation and Communities, (2019). (Available online at: https://nitc.trec.pdx.edu/research/project/878)
- Contributor to the Trip Generation Manual, 10th Edition: Volume 1 (Desk Reference), Volume 2 (Land Use Data Plots), and ITETripGen Web-based App. Principal Editor: Kevin G. Hooper; Institute of Transportation Engineers, (2017). (Available at: https://www.ite.org/technical-resources/topics/trip-and-parking-generation/trip-generation-10th-edition-formats/.)
- Currans, Kristina M.; Nelson, Arthur C. (May 2018) Economic Performance Metrics to Improve Transportation Investment Decision Making Part I: Literature Review and Economic Vitality Indicator Concepts. Sponsored by Smart Growth America.
Selected Professional and White Papers (not refereed)
- Bean, Jonathan; Currans, Kristina M.; Iroz-Elardo, Nicole. Unmasking Invisibility. Invited editorial for Interactions. Vol. 27, No. 3 (2020), pg 22-23. Available at: https://dl.acm.org/doi/fullHtml/10.1145/3386379
- Deakin, Elizabeth; Nelson, Arthur C.; Currans, Kristina; Lee, David; Renne, John. The Transportation and Land Development Committee TRB Centennial Paper. Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies. Available at: http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/centennial/papers/ADD30-Final.pdf
- Bochner, Brian S.; Currans, Kristina M.; Dock, Stephanie P.; Clifton, Kelly J.; Gibson, Patrick A.; Hardy, Daniel K.; Hooper, Kevin, G.; Kim, Lee-Jung; McCourt, Ransford, S.; Samdahl, Donald R.; Sokolow, Gary, H.; Tierney, Lisa F. Advances in Urban Trip Generation Estimation. Institute of Transportation Engineer’s Journal, (2016).